Daniel W. McDonald, 28, of the 500 block of Thomas Avenue, was arrested for resisting arrest after he allegedly fled the scene of a bar fight at Zambonie’s Sports Bar on April 29 at approximately 11:40 p.m.

Forest Park police officers responded to a call of a fight in progress at Zambonies and learned, upon arrival, that the alleged fight starter had fled on foot with an unidentified female, heading eastbound on Madison Street.

A Forest Park police officer chased the pair on foot, warning them to stop three times.

The woman with McDonald allegedly turned and faced the officer, as he was catching up to them, stopping in front of him in an attempt to stop him.

The officer ran past the woman and stopped McDonald instead. The officer reported smelling alcohol on McDonald’s breath and stated he had bloodshot eyes and slurred speech.

While the officer was arresting McDonald, the woman allegedly hopped in a cab and fled the scene.

When the officer was attempting to subdue McDonald, he allegedly took a step forward, with his chest out and hands in the shape of a fist to fight the officer.

The officer reported grabbing McDonald by the arm and began walking him to the bar, when he noticed the female fleeing the scene. Before he could radio for the cab to be stopped, however, the officer reported McDonald again attempted to flee, breaking lose and staring at the officer.

The officer then grabbed McDonald, once again, leading him back to the bar. Another officer arrived, police report, helping the first police officer to subdue McDonald.

At the bar, the owner and an employee allegedly identified McDonald as having started the fight, telling police McDonald was intoxicated upon arrival and was refused service. He then, the men stated, became violent, swearing and calling the bartender obese. When asked to leave, the owner said, McDonald wrapped his legs around a bar employee trying to trip him and began struggling with the owner and the employee.

When told he was under arrest, McDonald allegedly swore at the officers and struggled as they were trying to cuff him. At the station, the report states, McDonald refused to exit the squad car, yelling racial slurs and obscenities at the officers. In the holding cell, he allegedly proceeded to kick the door repeatedly, forcing officers to come in and ask for his shoes.

McDonald allegedly got on the floor of the cell, refusing to surrender his shoes, sticking his feet between the legs of the permanent bench in the cell. When the officers succeeded in removing his shoes, McDonald then proceeded to pace the cell, continuing to yell obscenities and racial slurs at the officers, the report states.

Attempted Robbery
• An unknown offender is being sought in an attempted robbery at Arrow Liquors, 35 Harlem Ave., on April 30 at 2:34 p.m., which resulted in an injury to the head of the clerk on duty.

Officers arrived after a unidentified person called 911 reporting a battery in progress at the store. They found the cashier bleeding from a cut at the top his his head. The victim told police the would-be robber entered the store and asked to buy alcohol. When asked for an ID, the man argued with the cashier, selected a disposable lighter and told the cashier he would buy the lighter instead, handing the cashier $1.

When the cashier opened the register, he told police, the man grabbed at the register and the cashier grabbed the man’s hand. The man then struck the cashier in the head and fled the store. Nothing was taken.

•  Connell Pearson, 66, of the 1400 block of South 13th Avenue in Maywood was arrested at the Laundry Mat on 7240 W. Roosevelt Rd. for allegedly slapping a two-year-old boy.

The victim’s mother told police her son was playing inside the laundry mat while she did her laundry. While the boy was at the front, she told police, he accidentally bumped into Pearson, who turned and allegedly slapped the boy on the right side of his face, with an open hand.

Police reported the boy had a red mark on his right cheek and said Pearson admitted to slapping the boy, but said it was an accident.

•  A Chicago woman told police that unknown persons entered her apartment located on the 1100 block of Hannah Avenue between 2 p.m. on April 18 and 2 p.m. on April 22 and removed all of her belongings. Taken were furniture, clothes, jewelry and $3,000 in cash in a small metal lock box. She told police she was having trouble with her landlord, who wanted her out and said she believed the owner might have removed her belongings.

•  An unknown person took two cast iron radiators from the bottom of the front stairs at a house on the 100 block of Belvedere between 3:50 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. on April 29. The radiators are valued at $500.

These items were taken from the records of the Forest Park Police Department between April 18 and May 1 and represents a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in this report has only been charged with a crime. The cases have not yet been adjudicated.

“compiled by Melissa Lou