August may bring the “Dog Days,” but we also hope it will bring you to the library.
Be sure to mark your calendars for Thursday, August 11 at 7 PM. That’s when the Suburban Area Agency on Aging will present “Family Caregiving: Education, Tools and Support for Families.” This free program will provide invaluable information for seniors and their families concerning care for older adults. Please call 366-7171 or stop at the front desk of the library to sign up for this program.
Wednesday, August 17, at 7 PM, the Oak Park-River Forest Chapter of The League of Women Voters will present “CLAW,” or Civil Liberties Action Workshop. Come to the library for this interactive presentation and learn how to take effective community action in the area of civil liberties.
And don’t forget our Children’s Department, and its regular offerings as listed below:
• Mondays at 10:30 AM ” Toddler Time
• Mondays at 3:30 PM ” Movies
• Tuesdays at 3:30 PM ” Bingo
• Wednesdays at 7:00 PM ” Pajama Time Stories
• Thursdays at 3:30 PM ” Game Day
• Fridays at 1:30 PM ” Story Time
• Fridays at 3:30 PM ” Craft Day