A 76-year-old Forest Park resident told police she was carjacked while pulling into her driveway at 210 Circle Ave. Aug. 16.

The victim said that when she entered her garage, she was followed by a 6-foot-tall black male, 20-30 years old, with a muscular build and wearing a blue T-Shirt.

She told police the offender opened the driver’s side door and ordered her to exit the car and leave her purse behind.

He then pulled her out of the car by her arms and threw her onto the garage floor.

The victim said since her walking cane was in the car, she had to crawl into her residence in order to call police.

The victim was treated by paramedics for abrasions on her arm, but did not want to be taken to a hospital. She told police that she would be able to identify the offender in a lineup.

Since the victim did not have any family in the area, police contacted Pastor Lawrence McNally of Ascension Church in Oak Park. He said members of the church’s congregation would check on the victim in the days following the incident.

Man caught spending counterfeit bills

Police received a call the night of Aug. 15, reporting that a man had attempted to spend two counterfeit $20 bills at the Citgo station, 205 Harlem Ave.

The bills, night clerk Bob Shankerlai told police, both had the same serial number. Upon arriving at the scene, police found the suspect, Jermaine Daniels, standing near a blue Ford SUV. He told police that he did not know the money was counterfeit.

Police asked him to see all money he had in his possession, and he handed them a wad of bills totaling $390. None of the bills were counterfeit, according to police.

But when a female officer was summoned to pat down Shevonsa L. Kearney, who was in the SUV’s passenger seat, $760 in counterfeit bills were discovered, adding up to $800 when combined with the two $20 bills.

The two were taken back to the police station, and the Secret Service was notified. Agents did not respond that night, but asked for a faxed copy of the police report to follow up later.

Kearney told police that she did not know the money was counterfeit, and accused the officers of stopping Daniels in order to rob him. She noted that Daniels was supposed to double his money in the coming weeks.

She told police in a written statement that she did not know where he got his money, just that he was willing to spend it on her.

Daniels was found to have two prior convictions for forgery. He will go to court in Maybrook on Oct. 5.

Brawl breaks out following noise complaint

Police received a call Aug. 17 reporting “loud yelling” at 413 Marengo Avenue. Upon responding, they found four people talking loudly, and asked them to quiet down.

All complied except Nathaniel R. Littleton, who, police observed, appeared intoxicated as his speech was slurred and his eyes were bloodshot.

Littleton was given a ticket for local ordinance violations of public intoxication and disorderly conduct.

About 25 minutes later, police received another call reporting a fight at the same location. They found Littleton boxing with Darren Durden and yelling obscenities. He was given another count of disorderly conduct, and will appear in Court at Maybrook on Sept. 20.

Battery at CTA station

An employee of Securitas Security Services, a company under contract with the CTA, called police Aug. 19 to inform them of a disorderly customer.

According to Shawnell Stuckey, she approached a man on the main floor of the station after seeing him jump a turnstile. She told the man he would have to pay to ride, and he began shouting obscenities and poked her in the face with his finger several times.

Stuckey accompanied a police officer to the platform where she identified the suspect while he was boarding a train.

The suspect was told to exit the train, and he approached the police officer shouting obscenities and acting aggressively, according to the report. After he did not comply with requests to step back, he was tasered and put into handcuffs.

According to police, the man appeared to be under the influence of alcohol or narcotics. Police later contacted the man’s wife, who told them that he had been drinking and possibly smoking crack throughout the day.

The suspect was arrested for battery and resisting a police officer.

These items were taken from the records of the Forest Park Police Department, Aug. 17-22, and represent only a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in this report has only been charged with a crime. The cases have not yet been adjudicated.

“Compiled by Seth Stern