A grease fire that began on the stove in a first-floor apartment quickly spread through a two-flat on Circle Avenue, displacing four residents. Forest Park firefighters responded to 471 Circle Ave. shortly after 9 p.m. on Nov. 4, where they found flames already licking at the outside of the building.

A resident of the first floor was treated and released for burns to their arm. Chief Steve Glinke said it took crews roughly an hour to bring the blaze under control. No one was home in the upstairs unit at the time of the fire, Glinke said, and only one resident was in the lower unit at the time.

Photos by Josh Hawkins