After twice being called to the 7500 block of Lexington Street to break up fights and disperse crowds, police arrested two teenagers seen walking through the area again that evening, one of whom was allegedly carrying a baseball bat.

Kendrick O. Crump, 18, of Forest Park, was arrested for unlawful use of a weapon and mob action shortly before 9 p.m. on Sept. 5. Bellwood resident Marcquell J. Dunning, 17, was also charged with mob action and obstructing a peace officer.

According to a police report, officers had already responded to the neighborhood twice that evening. The department received a number of calls reporting a fight in which two people were allegedly beating a third with a chain.

“This department received no cooperation from the witnesses who saw the disturbances and everyone was told to disperse and not return to the area,” police said in their report.

Upon responding to the second call to the area, police allegedly spotted Crump and Dunning in the area and told them again to leave the area.

Dunning was charged with obstruction after allegedly refusing to tell officers his last name. Only after being detained by police “during the course of the evening” did Dunning reveal his identity.

Broken promise leads to arrest

An Aurora man was arrested on drug related charges after allegedly instructing a taxi cab driver to chauffeur him for roughly seven hours while he made “several stops.” Police were called to the 7200 block of Circle Avenue at 6 p.m. on Sept. 6 after the cab driver reported that his passenger refused to pay an agreed upon fare for his service.

Leonard W. Moran, 40, was charged with felony cocaine possession and possession of drug paraphernalia. Police also discovered an outstanding warrant for a probation violation.

According to a police report, the cab driver told police that he had agreed to drive Moran around for a flat rate of $200. After making several stops the cab driver asked for his money and was repeatedly told he would be paid “after the next stop,” according to the report.

Latin King nabbed at bar

A 45-year-old Melrose Park man was arrested for disorderly conduct after allegedly flashing gang signs at patrons of the Pioneer Tap on Randolph Street.

According to a police report, Fidel Ruiz was arrested shortly before midnight on Sept. 8 after the owner of the bar at 7445 Randolph St. told authorities Ruiz was making his customers uncomfortable. The complainant attempted to speak to Ruiz about his behavior, according to police, but to no avail.

“I’m a Latin King and I’m proud, man,” Ruiz allegedly said to police when asked why he was flashing gang signs.

Ruiz was taken into custody on a disorderly conduct charge, which he mocked.

“Man, you’re gonna have to come up with something better than that,” Ruiz allegedly told police. “I did time at Stateville. This don’t mean [expletive] to me.”

Threat of Taser subdues suspect

A man accused of directly disobeying a police officer’s order not to trespass on Chicago Transit Authority property became combative when an officer tried to handcuff him and, according to a police report, complied only when threatened with an electric stun gun.

Kevin D. Mabry, 42, was drinking alcohol on a CTA bench at 1 S. Harlem Ave. when a transportation employee called police to have him removed. Authorities recognized Mabry, an Oak Park resident, from previous calls and asked that he leave the area, according to the report. The officer watched as Mabry left the CTA stop for a brief time only to return again.

After a brief struggle to bring him into custody, the officer pointed his Taser at the man and ordered him to put his hands behind his back. Once at the station, Mabry allegedly said that he had been drinking beer “all day.”

Cashier faces theft charges

A Wal-Mart cashier is facing two counts of retail theft for allegedly charging too small a price for items purchased at the store by acquaintances.

Denise Williams, 42, of Chicago, was arrested Sept. 9 after a security agent for the retail giant reported the alleged thefts. Video surveillance shows Williams under charging her conspirators on Aug. 20 by $151.87 and again on Sept. 2 and Sept. 3 for a total of $203.74, according to the report.

Williams allegedly admitted to the crime and reported the names of the customers with whom she was working with.

These items were taken from the records of the Forest Park Police Department between Aug 31 and Sept 9, 2007 and represent only a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in this report has only been charged with a crime. The cases have not been adjudicated.

– Compiled by Josh Adams