Check the list below for programs and services designed to entertain, educate, and develop practical skills during the month of October:
- Free Internet Safety Class: The Cook County Sheriff’s Office will make this important presentation Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 7 p.m.
- Vampires, Creatures of the Night: Join us if you dare on Thursday, Oct. 25, at 7 p.m. for this fascinating program given by Martin Riccardo, a renowned expert on this spooky subject. He knows it all, the facts, the legends, and the myths about vampires.
- Special Film Screening: Come to the library on Sunday, Oct. 14 at 2 p.m. for a screening of the 1956 film adaptation of “A Farewell to Arms,” the classic Ernest Hemingway novel. This event is part of the area-wide observances honoring Hemingway’s life and work.
- Book Discussion: Join us on Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m. for a discussion of “A Farewell to Arms.” Free copies of the book will be provided to those signing up at the library circulation desk while supplies last.
- Teen Read Week: Teen Read Week is Oct. 14 through Oct. 20, and we have special events to honor the occasion. On Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 7 p.m., come in to Youth Services for urban legend storytelling, and on Thursday, Oct. 18 at 6 p.m. come in for a pizza tasting contest, followed by a movie.
- New Books Online: See what’s new without coming to the library by clicking on the New Books link on our homepage (www.forestparkpubliclibrary.org). Check out new book summaries online or get them sent to you in monthly e-mails!
- Interlibrary Loan: Libraries love to share and we are happy to have materials shipped here from just about anywhere for your use, whether you need a book, movie, CD, or whatever. So don’t despair if you can’t find something on our shelves or in our catalog. Just call the Reference Desk, or drop by if you’re here.
-Submitted by the Forest Park Public Library