A 32-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy, both from Forest Park, told police that after drinking a bottle of vodka at The Park around 10 p.m. on June 3, they broke the bottle, flipped a Porta-Potty onto its side, and yanked landscaping flowers out of the ground. They also admitted breaking into a house in the 800 block of Circle, where one of them had previously lived as a tenant, by climbing a drainpipe and entering through the second-floor window. The house was vacant but was being rehabbed by new owners. Inside the house, they allegedly broke a couple of light bulbs and removed a lawnmower, Weed-Whacker and a bag of tools, including a Black and Decker sander, a hammer and a caulk gun.

Police got a call from a witness who saw the two pushing a lawnmower with a bag of tools on top and carrying a Weed-Whacker. An officer saw one male matching the description given walking westbound on Lexington at Marengo. The male fled and ran through backyards on the odd side of the 900 block of Marengo and escaped. Later, another officer saw the two leaving an unnamed establishment and they fled across Harlem Avenue into Maple Park in Oak Park. Berwyn police officers assisted in the arrest of the two.

Meanwhile, park district employees reported to police that they discovered a host of vandalism at The Park, including broken glass, an overturned Porta-Potty, overturned garbage bins and graffiti in a bathroom stall with the phrase ‘4CR” with an upside down pitchfork.

The two arrestees maintained they knew nothing about the graffiti. Both were charged with local ordinance violations and released to parents.

Tasered twice at Bed, Bath and Beyond

Police observed a 22-year-old Chicago man on a bicycle riding through the Bed, Bath and Beyond parking lot at 215 N. Harlem Ave. looking into cars around 1:30 p.m. on June 8. When he was questioned by police, he allegedly yelled, ‘You have no right to talk to me!” and accused the cop of ‘some racist s^&*!” The man was asked to dismount from his bicycle, which he refused to do, responding with profanities. The man began to disrobe, and removed his shirt and belt, despite officers telling him to ‘stop and just calm down.” The man allegedly began to flex his arm and chest muscles, placing the police officer ‘in reasonable apprehension of receiving a battery” according to reports. The man was told he was under arrest and three officers tried to subdue him as he allegedly struggled and yelled. The officer unholstered his Taser X26 and gave him a verbal warning to comply, which he refused to do, so the officer tasered him. The man fell to the ground, allegedly yelling obscenities, and when asked to roll onto his stomach, refused, so the officer warned him and then tasered him a second time. He then allowed himself to be handcuffed. He was charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest.

These items were obtained from the records of the Forest Park Police Department, June 3 – 9 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Unless otherwise indicated, anyone named in the report has only been charged with a crime.

– Compiled by Jean Lotus