Here’s a little history lesson about the origins of Kiwanis here in Forest Park:
The Club received its charter from Kiwanis International at a banquet on April 26, 1913 in the Roos Building at 7400 Harrison Avenue.
According to documents preserved by the Forest Park Historical Society, there were 47 charter members present at that event 90 years ago. Among the participants was a direct relative of present club member, Mike Mohr of Mohr Oil. Over the years the Mohr Family has attended club meetings at a number of famous Forest Park restaurants including Homer’s, Otto’s, Healy’s, Horan’s, and Doc Ryan’s.