Job Description: WJ, Inc., based in Oak Park and a ½ block from the Green Line, is seeking a full-time graphic designer to be part of our In-House Ad Design/Production department.
• 1-3 years of professional PRINT & DIGITAL graphic design experience.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines within a fast-paced environment that changes from moment to moment. Able to work in a team environment but also work independently based on projects.
• Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator; at ease designing on a MAC platform; experience with Flash, html, Motion graphics, Info-Graphic creation, and knowledge of prepress production and printing processes are helpful.
• Attention to detail, sense of humor, and a strong, clean contemporary style are a plus!
• This is a “junior level” design position, offering a great opportunity to experience a crash course in production & design, in an Agency-like environment.
• Creation of weekly print ads, web ads, and the weekly production of 4 Award-winning independent newspapers. We also publish a monthly parenting magazine, with a variety of supplements.
• Design, manage and coordinate with Chicago Parent sales representatives and Web department on client Dedicated emails that are scheduled to be sent out on a daily basis.
Knowledge of Constant Contact/Mail Chimp is a plus.
• Design client proposals, presentations and sample layouts for sales representatives to utilize when pitching concepts.
This position offers health & dental benefits
Qualified candidates should e-mail cover letter, resume, and PDF samples to email@example.com
Please put GRAPHIC DESIGNER in the subject title of your email.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.