Forest Park police assisted the fire department when a man was discovered lying on the CTA Blue Line train tracks at 701 Harlem Ave. on March 4 at 4:58 p.m. A westbound train was stopped at the Harlem station and an unconscious man was lying across the south rail of the westbound track. He was on his back with his legs facing south. Unresponsive, the man had pinpoint pupils and was taking shallow breaths. Police administered Naloxone Hydrochloride and began sternal rubs. The firefighters began further treatment and transported the man to Loyola Hospital.

Mural defaced again

The “No Human is Illegal” mural was defaced again on March 6. Police were called at 8:27 a.m. when it was discovered that unknown offender(s) had used a black marker to draw lines through the words “No Human.” No other murals were defaced.

Break-in at Dunkin Donuts

Officers were called to Dunkin Donuts, 7660 Madison St., on March 3 at 2:59 a.m. when an employee reporting for work discovered the rear door ajar. She also observed that the office was open although it’s usually shut and locked. When officers entered, they discovered the office had been ransacked. They also observed the rear door had tool/pry marks on the door jamb/door near the lock. The employee said the registers were undisturbed and the amount of money in them appeared correct. However, in the office were two empty Chase bags and an empty pink-colored bank bag.

When officers reviewed security camera footage, they saw a male, possibly white, wearing a dark hoodie, jeans, black boots, gloves, and a black facemask pulled up to his nose enter the rear of the location. The back of the hoodie had unknown writing/symbols on it. The subject appeared to force entry into the rear using a crowbar type tool. He entered the office and rifled through the drawers, then removed the two Chase bank bags from a drawer and located the pink bag on the office desk. From watching the video, it was unclear whether he took money from the bags. He exited the business through the rear door at approximately 2:35 a.m.

Bar fight puts two in hospital

Police were called to the 7500 block of Madison St. on March 8 at 1:15 a.m. for a battery that had just occurred. When they arrived, they found two subjects lying on the sidewalk. One was unconscious and bleeding from his forehead. The second was semi-conscious but incoherent and bleeding from multiple spots on his face. Witnesses said the offenders were last seen fleeing northbound on Desplaines Avenue from Madison Street. The victims were not able to provide any identifying information.

An employee from Slainte said there were three male offenders: two white men who committed the battery and one black man who was not involved but was with the two other men. According to the employee, the two white men were involved in a verbal altercation with the victims inside Slainte. The three suspects were removed from the bar, but not before one of them yelled, “Let’s take this outside.” 

A few minutes later, the two victims left the bar, and a physical altercation occurred. The employee observed the two white offenders striking the victims with a closed fist and knocking them to the ground. Once the victims were on the ground, the two offenders stomped and kicked them on their head and body. The victims were treated at the hospital, and police were able to watch video footage to see the assailants. They believe they can identify the black male through the credit card he used at the bar.

Man attacks bartender twice

Police were called to Shortstop Lounge, 7425 Madison St., on March 8 at 8:59 p.m. because a man was attacking the bartender. The victim, who refused medical attention, said the man arrived at the bar and sat down with a bottle of liquor in his pocket. She refused to serve him and asked him to leave the bar. She said he became angry and verbally abusive. The man grabbed her wrists and pushed her then left the bar. At 10:16 p.m. he returned and was harassing her behind the bar, before leaving and fleeing the scene for a second time. The police located a subject matching the description. The bartender positively identified him, and he was placed in custody.

These items were obtained from police reports filed by the Forest Park Police Department, March 2-8, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Unless otherwise indicated, anybody named in these reports has only been charged with a crime. These cases have not been adjudicated.

Compiled by Maria Maxham