Four teenage girls, aged 13 and 14, attacked a woman in a car on the 400 block of Beloit Avenue on June 19 at 9:42 p.m. The victim, who was bleeding from the face when officers arrived, said she was parked in her car when four teenage girls approached her vehicle. They asked to use her phone. When the woman rolled down her window to let them use her phone, one of them reached into her window and grabbed her by the hair, yelling for her to “get the f*ck out of the car!”

The girl opened the car door and pulled the woman out while the other girls began to strike her around the face with closed fists and tried to pull her purse away from her.

The woman began to yell for help, and the girls fled as witnesses began to run to the woman’s aid.

Police located three girls matching the woman’s descriptions. The girls were transported to the station, their parents were notified, and they will be petitioned to juvenile court.

Car stolen at gunpoint outside Currie Motors

A car was stolen at gunpoint on June 16 at 11:35 p.m. adjacent to Currie Motors, 8401 Roosevelt Rd. An employee of the dealership’s cleaning service was exiting the parking lot. He stopped his car to secure the gate behind him and exited his vehicle. Suddenly, a man approached him, pointing a gun to his head and demanding his keys. He gave them to the suspect, who took his car, making a U-turn and striking the curb on the south side of Roosevelt Road as well as driving onto the sidewalk on the north side of the street. He then began traveling east on Roosevelt Road.

Officers saw the car speeding down the street, emitting smoke and sparks from “rubber burning.” A police car activated its emergency lights and began to follow the vehicle, which stopped.

The driver exited the car, then began to run east bound down Roosevelt road. The officer followed in his car.

The suspect headed west toward Dunlop Avenue, switching directions and continuing on until he jumped a wooden gate at the rear of the 1100 block of Lathrop. He was apprehended in front of an address on the 1100 block of Lathrop.

As the officer handcuffed the suspect, he began to yell, “I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe.”

The officer assisted the suspect in sitting up and allowing him to catch his breath. When backup arrived, officers walked the suspect to the squad car, but he refused to get in, dropping to the ground and resisting attempts to lift him to his feet.

He was finally moved into the police vehicle, where he began to bang his head against the partition between the front and back seats. Once in a cell, he banged his head against the glass in an attempt to hurt himself, while yelling about not wanting to live anymore.

Paramedics were called and the suspect was taken to the hospital. He will be investigated for an aggravated vehicular hijacking.

A handgun was located at the rear of an address on the 1100 block of Dunlop Avenue.

Vehicular hijacking of Uber driver’s car

An Uber driver’s car was stolen at gunpoint on June 21 at 11:08 a.m. on the 600 block of Thomas Street.

The driver said she’d picked up three men in Skokie. Two got into the back seat of the car and one got in the front. He pressed a pistol to her right side and gave her directions to the 600 block of Thomas Street in Forest Park.

She was then pushed from the car by one of the men in back. The man from the passenger seat got out of the car and back into the driver’s seat. They drove away.

Man pulls knife at Dunkin Donuts

Police were called to Dunkin Donuts, 7200 Circle Ave., when two men, one with a knife, threatened to kill an employee on June 18 at 11:11 p.m.

According to the victim, the two suspects were blocking the doors, preventing customers from entering. The employee asked them to move, but one of the suspects said, “I don’t like you anyway. You disrespected me and my girl last week,” referring to a previous incident when he was the offender in a theft and asked to leave.

He then pulled a knife out and said, “I’ll cut you gutless,” while walking toward the employee.

The men were found after fleeing the store, and the man who’d threatened the employee with the knife was identified and taken into custody. The knife was recovered from underneath a dumpster on Lake Street.

Tires and rims stolen from two cars overnight

  • All four tires and rims were stolen from a car on the 7200 block of Jackson Blvd. overnight between June 15 and 16. The owner discovered the theft around 9 a.m. on the June 16. Three concrete blocks had been placed under the car to raise it up. He has video of the parking lot, which he will send to the police.
  • One rim and tire were removed from a car on the 200 block of Circle Avenue on the same night.

7-Eleven robbed

Two male subjects entered 7-Eleven at 7749 Roosevelt Rd. on June 16 at 9:01 p.m., walked behind the counter, and took several packs of cigarettes. The employee who called police said they did not display weapons and they neither harmed nor threatened the employee. Video footage shows the two men walking behind the counter and placing packs of cigarettes in their backpacks, then leaving and walking toward the alley. They were not located by police.

Other 7-Eleven robbed

The 7-Eleven at 205 Harlem Ave. was robbed on June 19 at 11:29 p.m. The clerk said two males wearing blue face masks and gloves entered the store. They walked behind the counter and took approximately $100 from the cash register and two rows of Newport cigarettes from the shelves. They fled westbound on Randolph on foot. Police searched the area but did not find them.

Fight at Thornton’s

Police arrived to find a man lying unconscious with a laceration on his head at Thornton’s, 601 Harlem Ave., on June 20 just after midnight.

The clerk reported that the now-unconscious man had walked into the store and tried to give a fist bump to a male and female customer, calling them a derogatory and racist term.

The woman objected to being called that, telling the man he was being disrespectful. She attempted to walk away from him.

But he kept following them, calling them the same name and trying to talk to them. Eventually, said the clerk, he got very close to the man and woman. At that point, the man pushed him away and punched him.

The two males began to fight, throwing punches at one another. The man who had been called the name began to throw merchandise, including glass coffee bottles. One struck the other man, causing the laceration.

A second clerk said at that point the man with the woman began to stomp the injured man on the head with his foot. Then the man and woman fled the store and the location in their car.

Police attempted to speak to the injured man, who was at the hospital, but were told by a nurse that he was still incoherent and unable to talk.

These items were obtained from police reports filed by the Forest Park Police Department, June 15-20, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Unless otherwise indicated, anybody named in these reports has only been charged with a crime. These cases have not been adjudicated.

Compiled by Maria Maxham