Check out this year’s Forest Park Community Guide!

Online edition –>

In the 1920s, the corner of Roosevelt Road and Circle Avenue was home to Gardner & Sons Lumber and Millworks. Behind the building was the Gardner Propellor Works and in the far background was a Kalkite plant that manufactured concrete lamp posts. William H. Gardner was the president of the Roosevelt Trust and Savings Bank at Roosevelt Road and Elgin Ave, which opened in 1926. Chairman of the Board was Albert Roos, and Theodore Lobstein was vice president.