A woman was pursued by three male offenders on Dec. 28 at 6:02 p.m. on the 1300 block of Elgin Ave. She said she was walking down the street when she heard a noise behind her and turned to see three young men following her. They ran to catch up to her, and one of the suspects allegedly demanded her cell phone. She reported he had an object in his hand; she wasn’t sure what it was but said it was not a gun. She told them she had no phone and began to run. They chased her but stopped when she got to the rear of her home. Police searched the area but were unable to find anyone matching the descriptions of the three males.

Battery at bar

Police were called to the scene of a fight on the 7200 block of Madison Street on Dec. 28 at 8:10 p.m. An employee at the restaurant where the incident happened said the suspect, who had since left, came inside to pick up an order. Another customer began arguing with him because he wasn’t wearing a mask. According to the police report, the argument escalated, and the suspect punched the other man in the face. When an employee tried to escort him out of the bar, the suspect swung at him, hitting him in the neck.

Police break up drunken brawl

Police broke up a fight between four to six individuals, at least two of them “extremely intoxicated,” according to the police report, on the 7600 block of Madison Street on Jan. 1 at 1:06 a.m.

Narcan administered to unconscious man

Police administered Narcan to an unconscious individual on the 500 block of Elgin Avenue on Jan. 2 at 11:33 p.m. The unconscious man had a faint pulse, according to the police report, and according to his friend had snorted an unknown amount of heroin before passing out. The reporting officer administered one dose of Narcan, but there was no response. After a second dose, however, the man took a deep breath and opened his eyes. Paramedics arrived on the scene, provided aid, and transported him to the hospital for further treatment.

Man flees party, seeks refuge in Walmart bathroom

Police were called to perform a welfare check on a man who was hiding in the Walmart bathroom on Jan. 3 at 3:21 p.m. He reported that he’d gone onto the website “NKP” (Nasty Kinky Pigs), to find people to “hook up” with, according to the police report. He said he was picked up by two other men from his apartment in Chicago and brought to Forest Park for a party. The plan, he allegedly said, was to have sex and do drugs. He reported to the police that he had injected crystal meth. However, when another partygoer suggested an act in which he did not want to participate, he locked himself in the bathroom in the apartment, then fled the residence and sought refuge in Walmart. He was transported to the hospital.

These items were obtained from police reports filed by the Forest Park Police Department, Dec. 28-Jan. 3, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Unless otherwise indicated, anybody named in these reports has only been charged with a crime. These cases have not been adjudicated.

Compiled by Maria Maxham