Eugene Field School at 925 Beloit Avenue was built in the summer of 1907. The first floor was used until 1909 when the stairway and one room on the second floor was completed. Soon after other rooms were completed. Robert Louis Stevenson School was erected across the alley in the summer of 1912, when four rooms on the first floor were completed, and 12 years later the upper rooms were completed. In 1926, all Forest Park schools were equipped with the most modern educational tech, which included moving pictures, slide machines and radios.

Jill Wagner

Photo:  Field Stevenson School building as featured in 1926 Forest Park Review.