At the corner of Harlem and Madison is Nick Shank’s original saloon, built in 1898, later known as Fuch’s Hall. The corner was a pharmacy for 72 years, first as Latisis Drugs, until Phil Golden bought the business in 1950. Golden Drugs called this corner home, serving the community filling prescriptions, selling greeting cards and sundries until 1995.  

Jill Wagner

This photo from 1976 shows the corner with the Oak Park Federal Savings clock on the top and, on the right side of the photo, is a sliver of the Shell gas station sign that was on the opposite corner.