This photo, taken around 1900, is of one of Forest Park's taverns. According to research by Dr. Frank Orland in 1974, it was owned by Max Schultz (5th from left) and was located at Lathrop and Brown Avenues. On the left, a gentleman is holding a container that was utilized to transport beer for private consumption, perhaps in his home. Long before the six-pack was invented, this was referred to as "rushing the growler." Notably, around the bar are various items hanging from walls, including a gun powder pouch, a Schlitz beer sign, a coal bag and cigarette butts on the floor.
Community Guide 2019 - 2020
To view the full print edition of the Forest Park Review 2019 - 2020 Community Guide, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Forest Park.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|