This friendly meat market may look vaguely familiar to those who shop at Ed's Way. This photo was featured in the April 25, 1957 Forest Park Review when the newly-remodeled self-service meat department opened at the White Way Food Mart, located at Beloit and Harvard. It would be another three years before the grocer planned expansion to 942 Beloit, the former home of Malwitz Bakery. White Way grocery store name goes back to the 1930's but when the local Nutley family purchased the local grocery store in 1991, they named it after Ed, co-owner, who still is filling the shelves nearly everyday.
Community Guide 2019 - 2020
To view the full print edition of the Forest Park Review 2019 - 2020 Community Guide, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Forest Park.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|