Little damage reported in nail salon fire

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Print

By Maria Maxham

A fire at a Madison Street nail salon, started by a neon sign falling onto an upholstered piece of furniture inside the shop, required a response from the Forest Park Fire Department on Labor Day, Sept. 2, at 2:20 p.m.

Fire Chief Bob McDermott said the building sustained no serious fire damage and nobody was hurt.

Forest Park emergency personnel responded to Grand Nails, 7620 Madison St., after someone called 911 to report a fire. Police arriving on the scene reported observing flames within the front window of the salon, which was closed at the time. 

An officer knocked on the door of the residences above to alert possible occupants. Getting no response, the officer forced open both doors to gain access, but found no one inside.

Firefighters forced open the door of the salon to extinguish the fire and broke the front windows to vent the salon, which sustained smoke damage.

A local company was called to board up the structure.

Reader Comments

No Comments - Add Your Comment

Note: This page requires you to login with Facebook to comment.

Comment Policy

Facebook Connect

Quick Links

Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Forest Park.


            
SubscribeClassified
MultimediaContact us
Submit Letter To The Editor
Place a Classified Ad

Latest Comments