Magazines for Latinos
Soon to arrive are magazines specially selected for our Latino patrons. Watch for the following titles, which will be arriving soon: “Latina Style,” “Popular Mechanics en Español,” “Selecciones Del Reader’s Digest,” “Hispanic.”
Container Gardening Workshop
Just in time for the gardening season, we will host a container gardening workshop from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 19. Master gardener Kathleen Obirek will show you how to have luxuriant gardens in very little space. See the flyers around the library for details, and come enjoy this rewarding program.
Weekly Story times & Activities for Kids
- Toddler story time (ages 1-2) Mondays and Fridays at 10:30 a.m.
- Twilight Tale family story time (all ages) Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- Preschool story time (ages 3-6) Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Caudill Club Book Group (Grades 4-6) Wednesday, May 30 at 4 p.m. “The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane,” by Kate DiCamillo.
- Dance, dance, dance at the library (all ages). Join Ms. Joanne from Flex and Point Studios for free dance lessons, Friday May 25 at 3:15 p.m.
Just for Teens
- The 5/8 Club (Grades 5-8). Meet for book discussions, games, art projects, guest speakers, workshops, and more. Call us or check our website for dates and times.
- Teen Advisory Board (Grades 6 and up), Friday, May 18 at 3:30 p.m.
- Get community service hours. Help us plan the Teen Summer Reading Program.
- Teen Book Group at The Blue Max Café (Grades 7-12) Friday, May 25 at 4 p.m. “American Born Chinese,” by Gene Luen Yang
Coming in June
- The Mission Read: To the Library and Beyond! Summer Reading Program will begin on June 16. Get ready for great summer events, fantastic prizes and weekly movies, crafts and games at the library with our Summer Reading Program Kick-Off Party from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Starting Sunday, May 27 the library will be closed on Sundays through the summer. Sunday openings will resume on Sept. 8.
-submitted by Rodger Brayden