An argument between a Forest Park couple on the night of Oct. 2 resulted in a knife wound to the face and six stitches for the man involved.

Thirty-one-year-old Shashana Harris and her boyfriend were arguing at their home on the 1100 block of Circle Ave over a recently disconnected phone, when Harris reportedly became violent.

She struck her boyfriend in the face and then allegedly grabbed a butcher’s knife and began slashing in his direction, “in an ‘X’ motion,” according to one witness.

The boyfriend reportedly had blood on his hands, and he was visibly bleeding from the face.

Authorities made their way into the apartment and spotted what one officer called “droplets of blood.” Harris claimed the red liquid was hot sauce.

When she was asked about the incident she replied, “I cut him.”

Her boyfriend suffered a 1.5-inch laceration to his right cheek and was transported to Loyola Hospital, where he received six stitches.

Harris was arrested and received a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery.

Her boyfriend told police he would not sign complaints because he feared her reprisal. Subsequently, Harris did not receive felony charges for the alleged attack.

According to Forest Park police, Harris was held until Monday morning, at which point, she was transferred to Maybrook County Courthouse for a bond hearing, Deputy Chief of Police Tom Aftanas said.

By deadline, her whereabouts were not entirely clear. On Monday afternoon, an employee at Maybrook said there was no record of Harris attending a hearing.

Don’t you let that deal go down

Police arrested Jason Sturges, 27, of Downers Grove, and Yvette Davis, 45, of Berwyn, after the two were observed completing a drug transaction in a Walgreen’s parking lot on the eve of Sept. 28.

The officer reportedly saw Davis pull into the 7200 Roosevelt parking lot, where Sturges was waiting, walk up to his car and retrieve something from her bra in exchange for money.

The transaction involved four small “baggies” of heroin, at a total cost of $40. While this was happening, Davis also had her juvenile grandson in the front seat.

The officer then walked over to Sturges’ car, and saw a syringe filled with heroin, and other drug-related contraband. 

“Is this sugar?” he allegedly asked. When Davis affirmed that it was, she instructed Sturges to drive to a gas station and then to call her. At this point he was instructed to head to Walgreen’s where the two were busted.

Both Davis and Sturges were arrested, and Davis’ grandson was taken to his aunt’s home.

Davis was charged with manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance, not having a driver’s license, endangering the life of a healthy child, and possessing a controlled substance.

Sturges, who is on parole for a drug-related conviction, was charged with possessing a controlled substance and possession of drug equipment.

Sturges and Davis are being held at the Cook County Dept. of Corrections.

Felony burglary charges doled out in two cases involving cars

A South Bend, Ind. man, and a woman he was with, were apprehended on the 1500 block of Elgin, on the morning of Oct. 2, after they were accused of attempting to break into a car. A man told police he saw Thomas Schott, 31, attempt to break into his car on the driver’s side, while the woman stood on the passenger’s side. The man reportedly shouted at the pair, but they fled. When police caught up to Schott, he told them he was trying to get into the car because he thought it was his friend’s. On the woman’s person, police found a bag that contained wire cutters, plastic baggies, and other items commonly used in burglaries. Both were taken to headquarters, but only Schott was charged due to his alleged role in the attempted break-in. He received a felony for attempted burglary to an automobile.

Resisting Arrest

On the eve of Oct. 1, Patrick Fleming, 47, of Forest Park was arrested on two counts of resisting arrest. According to a police report, an ambulance was dispatched to tend to Fleming’s friend who was seen stumbling incoherently on the 7500 block of Madison. Fleming thought the man was being arrested and stormed out of Zambonie’s bar to physically intervene. Although he was told that the man was not, in fact, being arrested, Fleming would not relent. As he interfered with the man’s medical attention, he also warned the officer of disciplinary action that would come to her if his friend were not released. He claimed to “know the mayor and the chief,” and warned the officer that her “days were numbered.” When he refused to stand down he was placed under arrest. 

These items were taken from the records of the Forest Park Police Department between Sept. 26 and Oct. 3, and represent only a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in this report has only been charged with a crime. The cases have not been adjudicated.

-Compiled by Nick Moroni