Below are candidate-submitted answers to a survey Forest Park Review sent out to all candidates running in this year’s elections.
- Mayor Village of Forest Park
- President, Illinois Alarm Service, Inc.
Years lived in Forest Park: 58
Spouse: Lois (37years)
- Augustino 34
- Anthony Jr. 30 & Sarah Beth daughter in law
Have you ever run for or served in a local political office before? If so when and which office:
- 1995 Successfully ran and served as Commissioner of Accounts and Finance in Forest Park
- 1999 Successfully ran and served as Mayor in Forest to present day
What skills/talents do you have that would enable you to deal with those challenges?
- The experience of elected office, understanding and dealing with the myriad of issues and matters associated with the office and especially serving as the Chief Executive officer.
- Founder of a small successful business for 37 years. I addition to learned business skills as an entrepreneur I have served in many roles with our State and National Industry organizations.
IF elected, what are the three goals that you have for the next four years?
- Re vitalization of Roosevelt Road, a major under developed commercial business district and working to improve the business climate along that road, and re vitalization of Madison Street west of Desplaines Ave, working in partnership with the Village of River Forest and working to improve the business climate along that road.
- Working with a new invigorated group of individuals to improve the Public High School Education system serving Forest Park.
- Maintaining a balanced budget in uncertain times all along while maintaining excellent and professional Police, Fire, Public Works and Government services to provide the best possible services to the residents and business community of Forest Park.
If you are running as part of a slate of candidates, why? If not, why not?
I am running alongside a group of independent strong minded and committed village residents representing all aspects of the community. I feel it is vital to a stable community to be represented by elected officials who have the best interests of the community in their heart and mind. I further believe in candidates who share in responsible and collegial debate without bringing personalities to the discussion.