As much as some of us don’t want to accept it, Fall is here. September 23, 2015 was the official first day of autumn, which means school has started, the nights are getting cooler, and the leaves are falling. It’s actually my favorite season, but mostly because it’s all about comfort food!
This year, I’ve once again set out on a Bacon Quest to find the most creative dishes made with bacon, the true epitome of a comfort food. You’ll not only hear about my culinary adventures in this Fall Food & Fun section, but you’ll find reviews by food critic David Hammond, unique items you can buy locally, and events for any member of the family.
– Alicia Plomin, food enthusiast
- WATCH Dishin’ Delicious: Crab Crusted Walleye at Marion Street Market – the first in a new series of food videos about Oak Park dining
- Bacon Quest: Alsace Flatbread at Avenue Ale House
- Bacon Quest: Bacon Wrap at Bua Hana
- Bacon Quest: Penne Pasta at The Chew Chew
- Chatting with Andrew Kerns, Autre Monde’s new Chef de Cuisine – will be changing the menu more frequently
- Taste of Main Street in Berwyn
- Product Review: Corn Stripper – in the right hands, the Corn Stripper seems like it would have value
- For Pete’s Sake: Oak Parkers give grocery store the thumbs up