In spring of 1955, Harold Blough, a local appliance dealer (Blough Miner) and Commander of the Civil Air Patrol, took this a aerial photo of Des Plaines and Madison (left side of photo).
By 1964, when this photo was printed in the Forest Park Review, the Forest Theater (lower left) and the adjacent buildings were gone. North America Savings (now U.S. Bank) had expanded to the corner and Mader’s Tire Shop had become three modern shops (now Accents by Fred, D.K.W. Fitness and Intuit Dance Studio). Retired old-timers, who returned to Forest Park to visit in 1964, would say, “We just don’t recognize the old town.”