As of April 15 at 6:50 p.m., 47 Forest Park residents had been diagnosed with COVID-19, according to a Cook County Health Department website, ccdphcd.shinyapps.io/covid19. This number represents a rate of 331.76 cases per 100,000 people.
A new data set, number of deaths, has been added to the website information. Forest Park’s is listed as between one and four deaths. According to the website, “counts smaller than 5 are presented as a range to protect confidentiality.”
However, a new website announced by Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle provides the number of COVID-19 deaths. The website, maps.cookcountyil.gov/medexamcovid19/, reports that Forest Park has experienced two COVID-19 deaths as of April 16: one on March 30 and one on April 6. Both were male, one between the ages of 30 and 39 and the other over 80.
Other nearby towns, listed below by number of cases per 100,000 residents, were reported with the following numbers of COVID-19 cases on April 15:
• River Forest: 14 cases or 125.31 out of 100,000 people and 0 deaths
• Berwyn: 172 cases or 303.58 out of 100,000 people and 5 deaths
• Broadview: 27 cases or 340.39 out of 100,000 people and 1 death
• Melrose Park: 111 cases or 436.52 out of 100,000 people and 5 deaths
• Maywood: 106 cases or 440.02 out of 100,000 people and 2 deaths
• Bellwood: 140 cases or 734.1 out of 100,000 people and 3 deaths