As of 2:16 p.m. on April 23, a Cook County Department of Public Health website reported that Forest Park had a total of 53 positive COVID-19 cases, a rate of 374 cases per 100,000 people.
The rate is essential in order to put into perspective how widespread the illness is since populations vary significantly from municipality to municipality
Other nearby towns, listed by rate per 100,000 people, are below. The data is current as of April 23 at 2:16 p.m.:
- River Forest: 19 cases or 170 out of 100,000
- Berwyn: 287 cases or 507 out of 100,000
- Maywood: 139 or 577 out of 100,000
- Broadview: 46 cases or 580 out of 100,000
- Melrose Park: 188 cases or 740 out of 100,000
- Bellwood: 171 cases or 897 out of 100,000
Cook County COVID-19 information can be found at ccdphcd.shinyapps.io/covid19/ and includes all cases under the jurisdiction of the Cook County Department of Public Health. It excludes Chicago, Evanston, Oak Park, Skokie, and Stickney Township.
Another website at maps.cookcountyil.gov/medexamcovid19/ lists deaths related to COVID-19 by municipality. As of April 23, the website reported that Forest Park had two COVID-19 deaths, one on March 30 and one on April 6. Both deceased were males.