The Forest Park Review sent questionnaires to each person running for public office in 2023. The Review’s questions are in bold and the candidate’s responses are below.
Name: Timothy Gillian
Previous Political Experience: 1995-2007 Commissioner, Village of Forest Park – 1997-2009 Trustee, Proviso Township – 2009-2022 Village of Forest Park, Administrator – 2021-present, Commissioner, Forest Park Park District
Previous/Current Community Involvement: See above
Education: Graduate Proviso East.
1. Why are you running for the board of the Park District of Forest Park?
As Village Administrator for the Village of Forest Park I was responsible for the Village offering the Park District the 4 Village Pocket Parks. The Park District is starting work on the upgrades to some of the Parks this Spring. I would like to be involved as the enhanced pocket parks make Forest Park a better place to live and play. I am anxious to be involved in any new facility that is created at the recently purchased property which formerly housed the Oak Leaf Lounge
2. What experience and perspectives would you bring to the position and how would they be valuable as an elected official?
I have a unique perspective in this position as I have more than 12 years serving as elected leadership in 2 different locations as well as 14 years serving in an Administrative position as Village Administrator. I can look at any issue presented and analyze a response that considers both the Administrative side as well as that of an elected leader. They are not always the same.
3. What do you believe are some of the greatest challenges facing the park district?
- Continuing our efforts to upgrade our current parks.
- Designing and determining the needs of our Community as we consider options for the recently purchased property.
- Develop a plan that considers financing over the next several years so that we may begin the process of funding our new facility.