• Almost summer picnic:The kids at School District 91 had a great time in the sun at the All-School Picnic on May 26. They had fun-filled activities and great food provided by the Chamber of Commerce and the Park District of Forest Park. The All-School Picnic is another Forest Park classic. Not only was it a fun-filled day, but it also helped the kids get to know each other better, as they are moving on to a new school year or, in some cases, to a new school. Kudos!
• Progressive dinner: Loosen those pant waists … Main Street’s Progressive Dinner is scheduled for Sunday, July 17 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. More details to come later.
• Summerfest 2005 is still around the corner. It is on Friday, June 10 from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Saturday, June 11 from noon to 10 p.m. Come out, have a beer, ride a pony and support our local businesses. It should be a fun-filled day, so make sure and make some time for it.
• B-I-N-G-O: Mayor Anthony Calderone and all local elected officials invite all senior citizens to Senior Square at Summerfest, June 11, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., located at Madison and Hannah. There will be bingo with great prizes … raffle prizes every 30 minutes … a cash grand prize … snacks and beverages. The event will be co-sponsored by Altenheim Apartments.
• Speaking of the Youth Commission: The Youth Commission 3 on 3 Basketball will be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Middle School playground, starting June 14 and going through July 28. Get out for some exercise and show off why you should be considered the next Michael Jordan, Dickey Simpkins or Scotty Pippen. Or maybe you’d rather be a Harlem Globetrotter, doesn’t matter, just show up ready to have some fun. They are also looking for volunteers to help coach and referee. Anyone who is interested can contact Mary Win Connor at 334-2678 or just show up at 6 p.m.
• Got time? The Senior Trips are still available. The first one coming up is on June 8, these active seniors are off to the beautiful Arlington Park Racecourse (the ultimate in thoroughbred racing). Afterwards, an Italian family-style feast will be served at Pompei in Schaumburg. Pick-up is at 10:30 a.m., they leave at 11:15 a.m.
Carpe Diem, Forest Park!