Check out this year’s Forest Park Community Guide!

Online edition –>

This friendly meat market may look vaguely familiar to those who shop at Ed’s Way.  This photo was featured in the April 25, 1957 Forest Park Review when the newly-remodeled self-service meat department opened at the White Way Food Mart, located at Beloit and Harvard.  It would be another three years before the grocer planned expansion to 942 Beloit, the former home of Malwitz Bakery.    White Way grocery store name goes back to the 1930’s  but when the local Nutley family purchased the local grocery store in 1991, they named it after Ed, co-owner, who still is filling the shelves nearly everyday.

One reply on “Before Ed’s Way, it was White Way”