Take her to The Pines
The Prohibition years of the 1920s gave way to many soft-drink parlors, like Joe Muir’s at 7412 Harrison. Its business changed in the 1930s at the end of prohibition, becoming The Pines pavilion and garden. Early menus featured chicken, spaghetti and fish and later became known as a steakhouse destination. In 1937, The Pines boasted “rustic setting, this open-air dining room gives one the impression that he is sitting in the midst of a cool forest where a refreshing breeze is soothing tired nerves into a restful state.”
This ad from May 1, 1952 features a bride and groom, as The Pines was regularly hosting wedding receptions, luncheons, and showers, as well as groups of evening diners.