The Park District of Forest Park sent out its February schedule of programs and events, and there seems to be something planned for just about everyone.
A complete listing as it appears in The Park’s February events and programs leaflet includes a sampling of the 15 offerings:
• Feb. 1 (Jan. 11-Feb. 22) – Zumbini, 10-10:45, R $50, NR $55
Zumbini is an early childhood development program focused on movement and music for children ages 0-4 to attend with their music (and Zumba) loving caretakers. https://bit.ly/ZumbiniSpring 2023
• Feb. 4 (Jan. 14-March 11) – Pre-Ballet, 9-9:45 a.m., Roos Center, ages 4-6, R $55, NR $60
• Feb. 4 (Jan. 14-March 25)- Indoor Youth Tennis, 9-10:30 p.m., Roos Center, ages 6-8, R $200, NR $250
Join Coach Bernard as he gets your child court-ready through a wide variety of fun and games.
• Feb. 4 (Jan. 14-March 25)- Indoor Youth Tennis, 10:30-noon, Roos Center, ages 9-12, R $200, NR $250
• Feb. 6-March 27 – Volleyball, 5-6 p.m., Roos Center, ages 9-12, R $50, NR $60
Focuses on the fundamentals of volleyball.
• Feb. 7 – Hip Hop with Mr. Sidney, R $55, NR $60
Youth 5:15-6 p.m.
Adults 6:15-7 p.m.
Mr. Sidney is back and ready to kick off 2023 with some more high-energy hip hop classes for kids and adults so head over to https://bit.ly/JanYouthHipHop2023 or https://bit.ly/AdultHipHopJan2023 for more info or to register
• Feb. 7 – Drop-In Pickleball Roos Center, 7-9 p.m., R $6, NR $9 ages 14+ Open-gym, pickup game format, spots fill up quickly so reserve yours on Amilia today https://bit.ly/PickleballSpring2023
• Feb. 7 – Senior Yoga with Diana Coates, Admin. Building, 3rd floor, 10-11 a.m. in-person mat yoga, $50
• Feb. 7 – Tot Playtime, 9-noon, Roos Center, R $2, NR $3
Enjoy a bounce house, arts and craft, toys and more
• Feb. 8 – Cooking with Ryan and Andre, 6:15-8 p.m., Admin. Building, ages 6-12, cheesy potato bacon soup
• Feb. 22 – Cooking with Ryan and Andre, Chicken Pot Pie
• Feb. 9 – Virtual Chair Yoga, Admin. Building, 3rd floor, $42
• Feb. 10 – Movie Night and Pizza, 6:15-8:15 p.m., Building 4, ages 6-11, $13/person Enjoy a night out and drop your child off at The Park as we enjoy some pizza, chips, popcorn and the Disney movie Strange World. Spaces are limited and you must register https:bit.ly/MovieNightSpring2023
• Feb. 16-April 6, Tumbling, 4-4:45 p.m., Roos Center, ages 4-6, R $50, NR $55
This class introduces students to basic tumbling with an emphasis on basic awareness and body positions.
• Feb. 16-April 6, Beginning Cheerleading, 4:45-5:30 p.m., Roos Center, ages 6-9, R $50, NR $55
Learn motion basics, how to jump, introductory stunting, and more. No experience necessary.
• Feb. 24 – Royal Family Dance, 6:30-8:30 p.m., R $25, NR $30
Hear Ye, Hear Ye, let this be an official proclamation henceforth that you shall save the date for this year’s Royal Ball Family Dance. Join us for an evening filled with dinner and dancing, and take home a royal portrait keepsake at the end of the night.
• March 2 – Wine Tasting, 7 p.m., Admin. Building, $45, ages: 21+
Here’s your chance to sip four different wines valued at $75+ without having to dish out a ton of dough! We’ll have a variety of wines and analyze the intricacies of each with Sommelier Jane Norrington.
The Park’s phone number at the administration building office is 708-366-7500.