A man who formerly worked at Ferrara Candy Company, 7301 Harrison St., allegedly left death threats and graphic messages on a supervisor’s voicemail after he was asked to leave work early — and the messages only intensified after he was fired, according to police. 

On July 15, the man reportedly was involved in a “safety incident” and was asked to go home for the rest of the day. While he left peacefully and agreed to come back the following day, according to police, he left multiple voicemail messages threatening bodily harm against the manager. He was fired on Aug. 1. Since then, he allegedly left more threatening messages. 

Ferrara reported the threats to the police on Aug. 7. By that point, the fired employee had left over 100 messages, said police, who attempted to contact him without success. The officers advised the manager to call the police if they see the man’s car on near the plant.


A woman fired from Appleton Care supportive housing facility, 8200 Roosevelt Rd., allegedly punched an employee who delivered the news while waiting for another co-worker to get a pizza she left in the fridge.   

On Aug. 10, at around 2:45 p.m., the victim told the woman that she was fired, and asked her to leave the premises. The fired worker asked another worker to get her the pizza she had left in the employee fridge. 

As the victim and the ex-employee waited, the latter reportedly “became increasingly irate.” Worried about her safety, the victim left the lobby and the ex-employee ran after her, reportedly hitting the victim several times. The ex-employee then ran out of Appleton, got into a grey Nissan sedan and fled west on Roosevelt Road. 


An apartment in the 300 block of Desplaines Avenue was burglarized Aug. 8 while the tenant was at work.

The victim said he made sure to lock the front door and the balcony door before leaving for work at around 8 a.m. When he came home at around 6:45 p.m., he noticed that the front door bolt lock was unlatched, and the balcony door was unlocked. 

A laptop valued at around $150 and a personal safe containing his Social Security card, a COVID-19 vaccination card a prop gun was missing, but everything else was undisturbed.

The police found no evidence of forced entry at either door. The victim said that no one else had a key to his unit.

These items were obtained from police reports filed by the Forest Park Police Department, Aug. 6-12, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Unless otherwise indicated, anybody named in these reports has only been charged with a crime. These cases have not been adjudicated.

Compiled by Igor Studenkov